What is Ozonated Water?
Ozone has a greater disinfection effectiveness against bacteria and viruses compared to chlorine, without the smell. When water is ozonated, it rapidly reacts to bacteria, viruses, and disinfects surfaces in seconds. This treatment doesn't add any chemicals to the water making it safe and natural for contact with the skin.
TLDR: Sanitize and disinfect surfaces, kitchen equipment, utensils, food (meat, seafood, poultry, fruits, vegetables), any surfaces that come in contact with food and more with ozonated water to eliminate viruses and bacteria within seconds, without leaving any residue.*
Discover common uses for ozonated water here.
A litte bit of background...
The ozone water treatment system is one of the most potent and effective germicides available in the market today. Ozone is more effective than chlorine without the chemical additives. Lab tests concluded that ozonated water can combat bacteria on surfaces by over 99.98% and over 200 known pesticides within one minute. The EPA has approved ozonation treatment for bacteria and viruses.
Ozone targets both gram-positive and negative bacteria as well as enveloped and non-enveloped viruses. Ozone is a powerful broad-spectrum microbiological agent which attacks bacteria and viruses within seconds of contact.
Ozone kills ALL common pathogens and removes ALL pesticides.
Ozone kills ALL common yeast, mold, fungi, and algae.
Ozone is chemical free; it produces no toxic by-products and leaves no residues.
The ozonation cycle ends after approximately 30 minutes and returns its normal state (known as purified water) within an hour.
Take a look at how some (but not all) common pathogens are killed by ozone here : Ozone Effects Chart
Still not convinced?
The Oxidis® by Kona® Ozone Disinfection System is an environmentally friendly, easily installed broad-spectrum microbiological agent that deliver this solution to almost any faucet. The Oxidis® by Kona®'s patented design finally makes H2O3 production reliable, efficient, cost-effective, and practical.
Our Oxidis® by Kona® ozonating faucet system is registered as an FDA Class 1 Medical device and as EPA registered device.
- Eliminates Bacteria: Laboratory tests have proven that washing under ozone water eliminates 99.9% of waterborne pathogens and bacteria. This includes E. coli, Legionella, Salmonella, and many more. Ozone water is used to sanitize water for medical clinics, laboratories, community centers, businesses. While dish soap and water can remove germs from your dishes and silverware, ozone water entirely disinfects these surfaces by neutralizing germs altogether.
- Environmentally Friendly: Oxidis® by Kona® aqueous ozone produces thousands of gallons of disinfectant on demand for less than a fraction of a penny per gallon. Best of all, it doesn't result in millions of plastic bottles, nylon wipes and other wasteful products in the landfill or toxic chemicals down the drain.
- Maintain Freshness: Ozone water will preserve the freshness of your fruits, vegetables, and other foods. It not only effectively kills microorganisms that cause food spoilage, but also destroys ethylene gas that causes vegetables to wither.
- Oxidizes Pesticides: Ozone enhances the taste of fresh, perishable food by oxidizing pesticides and neutralizing ammonia and ethylene gases produced by ripening or decay.
Advantages of Ozone Water:
- Protects fresh food from toxins, bacteria, and withering.
- Thoroughly disinfects kitchen equipment.
- Improves oral hygiene.
- Keeps flowers fresh and helps houseplants thrive.
- Excellent for pet grooming.
- Effectively eliminates odors.